How to Remove Pet Stains From Carpet
Animal urine and solid deposits can damage a carpet by bleaching the dyed fibers as well as cause the breakdown of wool, cotton or silk pile and foundation of carpet. Here is how to remove pet stains from carpet.
- Clean-up should be done as soon as possible.
- Remove solids and use an absorbent cotton or paper towel to soak up liquids.
- Absorb as much as you can on the front and back.
- Spray water to dilute urine and blot with dry towel and repeat.
Pets tend to use the same area. Consider professional cleaning, if this is the case.
Spills, Stains and Spots
- Blot area with an absorbent [white] towel and remove as much of the spill as possible.
- If attempting to remove spots and stains, you should test a small inconspicuous area first.
- Clean stains and spots with mild soap suds and cold water and blot with a dry towel.
- If you feel confident and have experience you may consider instructions from other sources for removing stains.
- Our best advice is to always use good judgment.
We hope this helps you understand How to Remove Pet Stains From Carpet! Please contact us for more information. We’d be happy to provide you with some help over the phone and/or a free quote to clean your carpets or precious area rug.
Call Ottawa 613-232-5110 or Kemptville 613-258-5110
Call us in Ottawa!
Call us in Kemptville!