How Do I Maintain My Carpet and Rugs
Oriental Carpets Need Quality Under Padding
- Place a quality pad under your Oriental carpet.
- Proper padding helps avoid unnecessary wear by minimizing movement and wrinkling.
- Your carpet will be safer to walk on and will last longer.
Be Aware of Humidity
- Protect your carpet’s foundation [especially cotton] from moisture. Humidity causes degradation to carpet fibers.
- Avoid liquid spills, leaks and water from potted plants.
- Use a [white] towel and blot the moist area.
- Pay attention to the back of the carpet and aerate to dry fully to avoid damage.
Vacuuming Oriental Carpets
- Vacuum without a rotating beater brush attachment.
- Vacuum areas that are covered under furniture. These areas accumulate dust.
- Take care not to fray fringes by vacuuming them lightly.
- Aerate and vacuum the back of the carpet once in a while.
- Avoid vacuuming too often. Where and how the carpet is used will determine how often to vacuum a carpet.
Keep the Dust Off
- Minimize the accumulation and settlement of dust, dirt, sand or grit.
- These components can reduce the life of a carpet because they act like sandpaper to wear down the fibers.
- It seems that carpets are damaged by insects more often when stored than when used.
- If you are planning to store your carpets for a longer period of time [over six months] we recommend you have them professionally cleaned, treated and properly wrapped.
- Certain insects such as moth, silver fish and carpet beetles like to feed on wool and cotton fibers in carpets.
- Some of the factors promoting infestations are dirt, dust and humidity in the carpet fibers. Also darkness and the absence of usage can cause concern.
Call Ottawa 613-232-5110 or Kemptville 613-258-5110
Home Office and Drop Off Center:
1122 Trent Street Ottawa On
Rug Washing Plant:
409 Rideau Street
Try These Helpful Links
- Allergies and Carpet Cleaning
- Area Rug Cleaning Prices
- Carpet and Rug Stain Removal
- Carpet Cleaning Ottawa Prices
- Choosing a Carpet Cleaner
- Dust Mites in Carpets
- Dye Bleeding in Persian Rugs
- Indoor Air Quality and Carpets
- Maintaining Carpets and Rugs
- Oriental Rug Stain Treatment
- Our Carpet Cleaning Process
- Our Rug Cleaning Process
- Persian Rug Stain Treatment
- Pet Urine and Stains Removal
- Rug Repairs and Restoration
- Underpad Do I Need It?
- Upholstery Cleaning Ottawa
- Why We Use Green Products
Follow Us On Twitter
Where Our Customers Live
Aylmer, Barrhaven, Brockville, Carleton Place, Carp, Casselman, Chesterville, Cumberland, Dunrobin, Gatineau, Gloucester, Greely, Hull, Kanata, Kars, Kemptville, Kinburn, Manotick, Merrickville, Metcalfe, Munster Hamlet, Navan, Nepean, North Gower, Orleans, Osgoode, Ottawa, Perth, Portland, Prescott, Richmond, Rockcliffe, Rockland, Russell, Smiths Falls, Spencerville, Stittsville, Vanier, Westboro, West Carleton, Winchester